10 Reason why Codeigniter mvc framework is better than other PHP FrameworksRajeev Sharma
We will evaluate here why the PHP is better than other PHP frameworks here by considering our own web application development knowledge and what the other developers say why to use Codeigniter? But first we will try to know what is codeigniter mvc framework and what it is?
Codeigniter is open source development framework which follow the MVC framework pattern. Its goal is to give you the easy and proper way to develop the project much faster that you could do.
What is MVC (Model-View-Controller)?
Model : It represent your data structure , usually interacting with the Database or like insertion, deletion all that part comes in this file.
View: It is used to represent your web project i.e to show the UI part normally it contains the HTML and CSS code.
Controller : In MVC to the controller you can say the brain of it because it takes the requests to bind everything together.
Now we will focus on Reasons why codeigniter is better than other PHP Frameworks :
1. Execution Time: The first and the most important point which attracts the every developer towards the PHP, is its execution time.
Php gives the response too fast that till now no technology is in this world which can give the execution so fast.
2. File Organization: When you first install the codeigniter framework at that time only it contains the many files application which contains the sub-folders as controller, config, model, view etc. This is the main folder which we have to deal to implement the project.
3. Configuration: Codeigniter mvc framework has very simple configuration, you just have to fist install the framework as per your system configuration then at the time of programming open the config.php load the library, database, arrays all in that and save that’s it then. You don’t have to write the database name everytime to use it. “Write once use everywhere”.
4. Security: In PHP you will find many in-built functions to use in our project for the input and output filtering. Many Function available to for the encryption and decryption which helps the developer to send any data in the secret installation.
5. Less Code and faster development: The php is called as the rapid development framework. You will write less code, which means less time spent typing. You will not have to chase down 3rd party libraries all the time for every new project because most of them will come with the default framework install.
6. Community Support: As we all know that PHP is worlds largest using language so everyone come with their problem and solutions so in those problems and solutions you get your problem solved in very less time and with full support and all. Because so many people using it that after completing the project they just put the source code on the internet from their you can get your result.
7. Easy Error Handling: Error handling was never before so easy but in codeigniter you have to only write one line code to enable all the errors in front of you so that you can get what is the problem in the development code.
8. Step by Step Testing With Development Phase: You can test the performance and the functionality of the project during the starting phase of project through that you can see each and every phase of the project and you can test it.
9. Easy Template Solution: Now in world most of the projects are going based on the templates only. Template gives the complete idea of design of project even at starting phase of the development you just have to give the content in that.
10. Codeigniter Cache Class: I think most of the clients love to make the cache class in their project because cache what do if you clicked on any button in the project then next time it gives the result from the cache instead of executing the completing the complete code again after clicking.
Drawbacks of using CodeIgniter:
1. No inbuild ORM : This is big disadvantages of CodeIgniter that there is no inbuild ORM system where other framework like Yii (ActiveRecord), Laravel(Eloquent).
2. CodeIgniter is PHP4 legacy code
3. Irregular releases
4. CodeIgniter is not fully Object Oriented based system.