Install Zend Framework in WampMilan Sharma
Zend Framework is an open source, object oriented web application framework build for enterprises and high level web application development. Zend Framework(ZF) provided bunch of libraries which is helping developer in web development.
ZF is little hard to install and understand for beginner(freshers) specially who are working first time in any framework specially zend framework 2 installation.There is many website who are providing step to install zend framework in windows machine but personally they haven’t put installation step very clearly to keep in mind for freshers.
Here is steps install zend framework in wamp (Windows) :
1. Download zend framework skeleton from https://github.com/zendframework/ZendSkeletonApplication
2. Unzip ZendSkeletonApplication-master and rename it zf (change folder name as your convenience).
3. Copy zf and paste it in wamp’s www root directory in my case its c:wampwww
4. Now download composer window installer from http://getcomposer.org/download/ and install it. Define composer path in Windows Environment Variable
5. Open windows command prompt and composer to verify installation.
6. Open windows command prompt and go to zf directory (C:wampwwwzf) and Update zf’s composer.phar file using below command
C:wampwwwzf>php composer.phar self-update Updating to version 15ad785ez55raj5kjnjkal749de47ca87d1408. Downloading: 100%
7. Now its time to install zend framework, In window command prompt run below command to install zend framework using composer.phar
C:wampwwwzf>php composer.phar install
Note : If you get CGI Enable error eg. “You must enable the openssl extension to download files via https” Then enable openssl from “C:wampbinphpphp-5.4.3php.ini” file because WAMP uses different php.ini files for CLI and Apache.
8. Restart all the wamp services and re-install it again.
C:wampwwwzf>php composer.phar install Loading composer repositories with package information Installing dependencies (including require-dev) - Installing zendframework/zendframework (2.2.0) Downloading: 100%
zendframework/zendframework suggests installing ext-intl (ext/intl for i18n features (included in default builds of PHP))
9. In the last make below changes in Apache httpd.conf file
<VirtualHost *:80> DocumentRoot “C:wampwwwzfpublic” ServerName zf-ezee-tutorial.com <Directory C:wampwwwzfpublic> DirectoryIndex index.php AllowOverride All Order allow,deny Allow from all </Directory> </VirtualHost>
open windows host file c:windowssystem32driversetchosts
10. Run zf-ezee-tutorial.com in your browser.. Congratulation you have completed your zend framework install in WAMP.
friends..If you face any problem relation with install or zend framework web application development, Please fill free to put in comment or write mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org.