Yii Framework 1.1 (PHP) Explained : A Practical ApproachEzeelive Technologies
Hey friends..I’m using Yii 1.1 Framework for quite a few days now, and things which I found impressive about Yii framework are:
- Easy 2-step Installation.
- Clean and thorough Tutorials and Documentation with large Community base. In fact, if you’re willing to start using Yii, follow this tutorial by Larry Ulman – The best I found so far, on the Internet, from a beginner’s perspective.
- Uses MVC (Model-View-Controller) Framework structure, which is very popular these days among Web applications. I’ll be explaining MVC in a separate post later on.
- It generates Model, View, and Controller files for your application project by just accessing the database. So, after the installation, the next step you need to do is to create a Database schema for your application, and use the Gii tool provided with Yii Framework files, to generate those files from the Database schema – The part I liked most about Yii. Thus, most of the basic frame of your application is generated by Yii within minutes, without requiring your assistance in writing a single bit of PHP code. Other things it generate by default, are a Captcha enabled Contact form, and a Simple Login system, which can be customized as per your requirements.
- Yii also provides built-in jQuery support, and supports AJAX for many operations such as Form validation, File Upload, dynamically updating page portion, etc.
- Supports extensions to enhance the functionality of your application. There are increasingly number of extensions available on the Yii Framework’s website.
- Yii framework has tons of active code online on Google and available plugins require and web development
- Yii Framework can easily integrate with CMS system like WordPress.
- Yii Framework developer india (ezeelive technologies) having more then 6 years working exp. in yii framework development and provided custom modules and plugins based on requirement.