Comparison between Magento and Prestashop Ecommerce System
Hello Friends..Thanks for your comments on my previous blog comparison between Magento and Zen-cart. Recently i finished one project in Prestashop and i found that its very good E-commerce system for small business solution. And also i found prestashop and little less feature than Magento Provides, Here below i provide brief comparison between Magento and Prestashop
About Magento: Magento is Open Source eCommerce software. Magento eCommerce was launched on March 31, 2008. Within two years of development, Magento has become one of the most popular eCommerce software.
About Prestashop: PrestaShop is Open Source e-commerce software for Web 2.0. PrestaShop is available as licensed software and was officially launched in August 2007 for small and medium enterprises. Prestashop is based on the Smarty template engine.
Comparison between Magento & Prestashop
1. Size of software Presta - 2.2 MB (1292 files) Magento 10.3 Mb (5521 files)
2. Installation Prestashop installation requirements are less. Magento installation needs a lot of extensions like PDO, CURL etc
3. Features When it comes to features, Magento is a way ahead from Prestashop. Customer groups, product comparison, CMS are there in Magento. Magento’s SEO features make it the most suitable ecommerce software. Magento also provide Multi-Store feature which is very powerful. When it comes to design also, Magento is a clear winner. Prestashop’s search feature is very impressive. The search on Prestashop frontend is relatively faster than magento.
4. Code contrast Prestashop is based on PHP5 and Smarty template engine. The first model MVC is not excellent. It will be difficult if you touch the first Prestashop code. The line of code is much more for smarty adoption; which increases the workload for extending development. Magento adopts Zend framework. The developers are not only required to master PHP, but also required to have good knowledge about Zend framework.
5. Shipping & Payment Modules Magento offers wide range of shipping and payment modules, whereas such feature is missing in Prestashop.
6. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Magento is relatively more SEO friendly than Prestashop.
7. Design Flexibility Design of Magento seems to be difficult than Prestashop. So, if you don’t have much technical skills and you want to customize the Magento Design, then you should hire magento expert.
8. Backoffice The back office of Magento is less intuitive which requires more technical skills to manage it effectively. Whereas, backoffice of Prestashop is relatively simple and easy.
9. Community Magento has comparatively larger community. Magento Community have 130,000 members, Prestashop have 30000 members. (Figures are approximate).
|Backup & Restore||Yes||Yes|
|News & Events||No||No|
|Bulk Category Add||No||No|
|Bulk Product Add||No||No|
|Merchandise return (RMAs)||No||No|
|Send to friend||No||No|
|Live Chat Software||No||No|
Have you used Magento or Prestashop? If yes, what are your experiences? Let us know by sending a comment below! Or you can contact us on email@example.com for Ecommerce Portal Development Or Customization